Through this mind-blowing journey in discovering Christ & who I am in Him & His purpose, He has been so gracious to reveal more than I ever anticipated.
Every day I’m in awe of what He has done, is doing & will do. One of the things that I am most grateful to Him for is that He has kept me alive long enough to have the opportunity to know who He is. This year, April 23rd, 2018, I turned 26. For the first time, I had no desire to do any get-together, cake etc. I just wanted to be with my Father. For me, it was His day. He had other plans for me that day though, so I’m thankful.
He has been pouring out so much knowledge & wisdom into me since before I was able to realize it, but from late last year into the present, it’s like He opened up a floodgate. It has been overwhelmingly beautiful. With that, I’d like to share 26 lessons that He has taught me.
- God is in control of everything. He IS the author of the universe & His word is the bedrock of EVERYTHING- our existence, purpose, destiny, science, evolution & all other things in this world.
- He gives you the desires of your heart. He created every inch of you- looks & personality. He knows you better than you know yourself. So yes He may send you into territories that you don’t want to go because they make you feel uncomfortable but it is within those territories you either get to prepare, build on or use your gift.
- We live in a “natural” world controlled by a “spiritual world”. Ephesians 6:12 say “12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” When that has been revealed, you start to see people, their attitudes, decisions etc much differently. Its taught me how & for what I should pray. See, much of our behavior, pain, confusion, double-mindedness /ways are influenced by spirits from hell. I won’t go further into that for now. My advice: seek God & ask Him to reveal the real world to you.
- Not everything that happens to you was meant to happen to you. There are many situations that God tries to prevent us from getting ourselves into. However, we are so disconnected from Him & His Spirit that we enter into places, things, people etc that we should not be involved with. I’m sure you can say, well, I learned XYZ from it…yeah, stop that crap. Ever occurred to you that this wasn’t a lesson that for you to have learned or at least not in that way. We can save ourselves a lot of pain, disappointment, heartbreak etc if we do things Christs’ way. Obedience is better than sacrifice. By being disobedient, you not only block your blessings but that of other people.
- Don’t take anything you get because the world says get your foot in however and whichever way you can. You have to trust that God will send you what you need when you need it. That’s what faith is.
- Pain is better when it’s shared. You understand and heal better sometimes when you know the others’ pain. I had an experience in which someone allowed something to happen that really affected me, was disrespectful & selfish. I was being a “female” of course & giving the cold shoulder. Eventually, we started to discuss it & through their words & having expressed their thoughts to me, I realized that he was hurting too. May not be in the exact way that I was, but his emotions were just as valid. At that moment, I felt so humbled by that revelation from God because when we feel or are wronged, it’s instantly about “me me me” but the Lord said no, it’s about “us”.
- He hurts with you. He doesn’t mind you crying as long as you’re moving forward and trusting in Him.
- Sometimes what you’re going through isn’t for you, but for someone else.
- He doesn’t want us to suffer or be poor. If anything, he wants to make life on this earth as prosperous as possible while you do His Kingdom’s work. However, breaking you down is a form of preparation, especially if you’ve surrendered to Him. And you must know, you CANNOT remain who you are if you want to be with Him.
- The burdens you feel towards certain people/situations/issues are sometimes part of your mission. There are no mistakes with things that genuinely interest you-they are connected to your purpose.
- Prayer is more than just talking and getting on your knees. It’s a constant place; a battle; a discussion; a conversation. It IS our LIFE SOURCE.
- Praying for those who’ve hurt you or whom you don’t like strengthens & brings you closer to Christ.
- Always be expectant & dream the impossible because He works in the impossible realm.
- That devil is a punk who wants to manipulate you & make you lose your status & destroy your destiny.
- You have to make a conscious decision every day to allow your spirit man to come forward and lead you in all things. This temple, every part of my body, my being, needs to be guarded so carefully. That means being aware of: the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, shows you watch, what you read, videos, pictures & posts you look at…EVERYTHING! I still struggle, but it’s getting easier. My soul feels so peaceful now.
- Sometimes your love, no matter how genuine will simply never be enough because many, especially if they aren’t in Christ, will not be able to handle it.
- My nor your happiness can never be found in someone. That’s something I’ve just always known. However, God made me experience that when I lost someone dear to my heart & being able to have that confirmation was just…peaceful.
- Love love love is NOT a feeling! It is a decision. Allowing your soul: mind & emotion- to dictate your decisions will be your downfall. Within you abides the Spirit, given & controlled by God & the soul, governed by our worldly nature of our mind & emotion. They are always at war with each other. Pauls says in Roman 7: 14-25“14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.”That is why you surrender to Christ. The freewill he’s given to us is our most powerful yet dangerous tool.
- Those who are of the world cannot comprehend the genuine love which is given to them & will have trouble understanding why and how Christians make certain decisions. When you diligently search for Christ, He exposes some of what real love is & as a Christian, you’re called to love just as He does. Of course, for us humans, it is difficult because of our sinful nature but when you actively try to practice that love, something magical happens inside of you. You realize that you don’t love, hurt or heal the same way that you did when you were blindly doing what the world says. Part of that genuine love involves wanting to see them saved & walking in their God-given purpose.
- Not every good thing is a God thing.
- A broken person, no matter how much they claim they love and care for you, will still break you. They must & have to fix themselves before they can truly give & receive love.
- A broken person sometimes..many times…have no clue they are broken. Then they wonder why situations keep repeating in their life; why they’re stuck; why it’s hard to give up certain bad habits etc.
- Human beings like to believe their own bullshit too much & many will decide to change when they get tired of their own bullshit.
- Many people, especially those who think that they know who they are, have been fed a lie. They really have no clue who they are. You will only ever find your true identity in Christ.
- Not everyone who says that they want what you want, really want what you want & not everyone who says that they want to be saved wants to be saved.
- Being established in Christ gives you a resilience and no-nonsense attitude that many will take offense to because they feel that you’re being “too closed minded”.
In preparing this, I thought that I wouldn’t have been able to compile 26, turns out I had way more & had to cut down. Be sure to check back for my other list.
What are some of the lessons that you’ve learned? Which was your favorite?
Don’t forget to like, share and/or pin. Thanks! 🙂